Family and finances-they are two of the most vital pieces of your life. And their similarities are compelling: Having one can enhance your enjoyment of the other; eventually, each must take care of the other; and, given enough time and care, both can grow exponentially, generation to generation. With both loved ones and investments, time is your most valuable asset. We'll help you make the most of them both. We invest the time it takes to build your wealth. So you don't have to. We don't know you. We could never presume to make blind recommendations about your personal assets. But we work with families similar to yours- people who have achieved a significant level of financial success.
These individuals tell us that what we offer is exactly what they¹ve been searching for- services that not only increase their net worth, but also give them time to enjoy it.
There are two primary factors that distinguish the issues facing individual investors from those facing institutions:
- Time horizons differ. Individuals face a finite life as compared to the theoretically/potentially infinite life of institutions. This fact requires strategies for transferring assets at the end of an individual's life. These transfers are subject to laws and regulations that vary by locality and therefore the strategies available to address this situation vary. This is commonly known as accumulation and distribution.
- Individuals are more likely to face a variety of taxes on investment returns that vary by locality. Portfolio investment techniques that provide individuals with after tax returns that meet their objectives must address such taxes.
A professional you can turn to
It's difficult to put a label on what we do. We are more than just a money manager, more than an advisor. You could think of us as chairman of your personal board of directors. Our clients charge us with the privilege and responsibility of managing their entire financial strategy. Families appoint us to give the same attention to their money as they would themselves, putting both day-to-day transactions and long-term investments in our care.
What's unique about this? First, it means our clients really trust us. We've proven to them that we really do what we say we can do.
Also, we focus on every aspect of personal finance: investments, trusts, insurance, income, assets, taxes- not just one or two. Why? Because most people don't have the time, expertise, or desire to piecemeal these important segments together. They want to know that every financial tool available is being synchronized to achieve the best results possible. And so do we.
A partner you can trust
Our team is skilled with every type of financial tool, so we are not biased toward one method over another. We don't have a predetermined agenda or cookie-cutter solution. We'll spend as much time as necessary to determine what's best for you. As your financial partner, we are committed to you. As part of this commitment, we check our egos at the door. We'll work in full cooperation with you and your family. We'll even pull together your entire team of professional advisors: accountants, attorneys, and more to generate the best results for you.
Most importantly, we listen to you. Our first objective is to understand your needs, your goals. Even your financial fears and frustrations so we can develop a comprehensive strategy, uniquely designed for you. After we listen, we'll show you how we think you can best meet your personal goals. And then we'll listen some more.
We act as your family office. Your personal financial headquarters.
Financial expertise is important, but it's our ability to understand your needs that helps us meet your goals.
(click for larger image)
Creating your investment plan
As your financial partner, we address your biggest financial concerns: Where do my finances stand right now? How can I protect them? What can I do to increase them? How can I enjoy them most? What will it take to pass them on to my family?
These questions are not new to us, but your specific needs and goals are. Our first priority is to get to know you, so we can consistently make the best decisions on your behalf.
Before we invest a dime of your money, we'll work with you to develop a "personal investment policy." This policy becomes a general road map for us to follow. We identify your current needs and future goals, address past financial experiences, and determine your comfort level with conservative or aggressive investing.
In each decision or recommendation we make for you, we will honor these boundaries. Chances are, as your life changes, so will your policy.
And we'll stay with you every step of the way.
Investing for efficient returns
- We believe the best way to preserve and grow capital is through long-term, tax-efficient compounding of returns in diversified portfolios. We limit risk by combining asset classes that do not typically move in the same direction in given market conditions.
- Prudent investing requires time, expertise, research, and discipline. If you can optimize any of these, you can increase profits. We'll help you optimize them all.
- The efficient frontier is the set of optimal portfolios that offers the highest expected return for a defined level of risk or the lowest risk for a given level of expected return.